Sage-GAP Days 101 --- June 17-21, 2019, Cernay
Sage/GAP developers days on packaging, portability, documentation tools
Cernay-la-Ville, Yvelines (40km South-West of Paris, near Orsay, France)
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, we ran week long developers days in a cosy guest house in Cernay, just short of an hour from Paris by public transport, on *packaging, portability, interfaces, and documentation tools for Sage and GAP*. It was fun and productive and we are organizing a follow up: same location, same themes.
- Other themes around Sage, GAP, ... are welcome; feel free to join and work with us.
- The guest house is actually rented Saturday to Saturday; everybody is welcome to stay for the whole duration.
The workshop is funded by OpenDreamKit, with material help from the Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique, the Mathematics and the Computer Science Departments at Université Paris-Sud, Orsay. Accommodation and meals for all participants are covered by our funding sources. OpenDreamKit participants should cover their travel expenses. We could fund the travel of some developers with specific skills and experience on the themes of the workshop. Please get in touch!
See the pad.
We will tentatively be using the following infrastructure, in particular for remote participation.
Chat (if that integrated in the pad/video is not good enough): https://gitter.im/sagemath/sage-days85
Programme and topics
See the pad.
The workshop takes place in a guest house which has comfortable working spaces, a cooking and dining area, and a few bedrooms. This favors an intense workshop, with everything taking place in the same location.
The guest house includes "The Tower" which can accommodate 10 people and the "Grenier Royal" which can accommodate 7 people. In addition it's possible to setup tens in the garden (which will be very nice in June!)
Internet: wired internet connection and open wifi.
Linen are provided. Please bring towels, etc.
The surrounding area offers nice hiking possibilities -- bring hiking/climbing shoes. Your music instruments and scores, card or board games, etc, are also welcome for the breaks.
Meals are cooked in turn by the participants for everyone, so bring along your favorite recipes and dishes! All diets (vegetarian, ...) will be taken into account. Please check and edit the pad.
From Paris to Cernay
- From centre of Paris: 40 minutes RER B to Saint-Rémy-les-Chevreuse + 15 minutes bus to Cernay-la-Ville
- From Gare Montparnasse: 35 minutes train to Rambouillet + 15 minutes bus to Cernay-la-Ville
- Bus options:
- from St Rémy les Chevreuse (RER station), bus 39-03 or 39-103
- from Rambouillet (SNCF station) line 39-03 and 39-203
Busses are run by SAVAC
- Beware that there are no buses at all to Cernay on sunday and that there are big gaps in the day with no buses!
- Of the two bus stops in Cernay, Grand'Place is closest to the guest house.
Check travel itineraries on ViaNavigo (includes trains, RER, buses).
Or ratp but only for travel up to Saint-Rémy-les-Chevreuse.
- We will run some car shuttles from Saint-Rémy-les-Chevreuse, to be planned later.