This page lists some typos in the SageMath repository.
They can serve to create beginner tickets, especially during tutorials on SageMath development.
A good way to search for typos is to use: git grep "some_word" src/sage
Please add a ticket number if you create one.
- Typo: "expericenced" for "experienced"
- Typo: the test introduced in ticket 15669 erroneously points to 15699
- Frenchism: in many places, "representant" is used instead of "representative"
hint: use sage: search_src("representant")
- Tripled letter "mmm" for "mm"
algebras/yokonuma_hecke_algebra.py:373: # Commmute g1 and t2, then multiply t1 and t2
symbolic/expression.pyx:10286: - 'noexpand' (convert to commmon denominator and add)
- Tripled letter "sss" for "ss"
combinat/chas/wqsym.py:2141: (not necesssarily order-preserving or order-reversing),
- beware, some are on purpose, including:
combinat/designs/database.py:784: for i,classs in enumerate(equiv):
combinat/designs/database.py:785: for S in classs:
- ticket: #27294
- Tripled letter "ddd" for "dd"
modular/modform_hecketriangle/hecke_triangle_group_element.py:2870: - K -- A field to which we want the (correct) embeddding.
modular/modform_hecketriangle/hecke_triangle_groups.py:735: - K -- A field to which we want the (correct) embeddding.
- ticket: #27294
- Typo "rowss" for "rows"
misc/table.py:285: Two tables are equal if and only if their data rowss and
- Frenchism: "substract" for "subtract"
use search_src to find 4 occurrences
- Frenchism: "Gougle" for "Google"
Need more typos? Search for frequent typos such as moprhism, mophism, morpism, homorphism, tulpe, descriprion, ...
If typos run out and there is a need for a tutorial on Sage development, email Samuel.