Topics for Discussion
- Star-P model: provide a networked remote engine that does a few BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS in parallel over the network and does them VERY well. And that's it. All code blocks.
- Interactive parallel computation -- Adding one high-latency extra clever node to the cluster -- YOU!
- Interactive parallel supercomputing -- not a paradox.
- serial; task parallel; data parallel
- 2-core -- is it worth
- task farming: will it be the first large usage.
(L)GPL versus BSD - A summary of this discussion on the scipy list:
- OpenMP -- why not discussed much here.
- How to USE pthreads???
- - job queue - sleep/wake - when to use
- C versus C++: why? which?
- boinc -- can it be used???
- dsage compared to ipython
- security -- task farming and malicious vandals