Carl -- what I did at dev1
1. Fixed a lot of coercion-branch doctests.
2. Discussed changes to Cython for fast numpy array access (and some other language/compiler changes).
3. Discussed changes to fast_float: support more data types than only C doubles; evaluate DAGs with shared subexpressions; support conditionals; and possibly use a JIT for a further speedup (probably at least 5x on "sufficiently complicated" examples).
4. Demonstrated sage_input and posted a preliminary version on Trac (http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/3485)
sage: sage_input((polygen(GF(3))+1)^4) R.<x> = GF(3) x^4 + x^3 + x + 1
5. Gave a quick talk on Cylindrical Algebraic Decomposition.
6. Brought a Segway and gave rides.