Projects for "Software tools for mathematics", Jan 2018, Morelia, Mexico
This is the list of themes and projects for Software tools for mathematics, 22-26 Jan 2018, Morelia, Mexico.
You can add ideas here or send suggestions to the organisers (see days92#Contact).
Introductions, presentations, tutorials, demos, install parties
Part of this should take the form of a Software Carpentry training.
We will also present CoCalc and Jupyter; depending on the audience, we might insist on
CoCalc - Collaborative calculation in the cloud!
CoCalc for collaboration
CoCalc for teaching
- Jupyter - notebooks for exploration and reproducible research
- Jupyter notebooks
There will also be presentations of GAP, PARI/GP, SageMath, YAGS
- Discreture - A modern C++ library for efficiently and easily iterating through common combinatorial objects
- GAP - Groups, Algorithms, Programming - a System for Computational Discrete Algebra
- PARI/GP - fast computations in number theory (factorizations, algebraic number theory, elliptic curves...)
SageMath, the Sage mathematics software system, based on Python and shipping a lot of mathematical free software
- YAGS - Yet Another Graph System - a GAP package for graph theory
Mathematical software and databases
DiscreteZoo - an atlas of combinatorial structures
the surface_dynamics package for Sage and its database of "origamis" or square-tiled surfaces
TeXmacs - typesetting mathematics and more
the TeXmacs plugin for Sage
- word morphisms, substitutions, Rauzy fractals
- flat surfaces
Contributing to mathematical free software
- How to contribute to Sage
Ways to use and spread free software for mathematics