Sage Days 90: Women In Sage
Oct. 22-25, 2017, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA
This conference is aimed at women at all career stages who are interested in using or developing for Sage. Undergraduate, graduate, postdoc, and faculty are welcome to apply. We will take time at the workshop to teach the basics of Sage development; it is not required that you are an experienced developer. We are especially hoping to include women who have never attended Sagedays. Applications are now closed.
Linear AlgrebraAlina Bucur (UCSD)
- Hotel or AirBnB accommodations in Claremont will be arranged for non-local participants. All workshop activities will take place on campus at Harvey Mudd College.
- The closest airport to Claremont is the Ontario International California Airport (ONT). From here it's a 10 mile taxi ride to Claremont.
Another option is to fly into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). From here you can take a SuperShuttle to Claremont, $55 each way.
For other options, see the Visit Campus page of the Harvey Mudd College Website.
- Saturday, October 21: Participants arrive in Claremont, CA in the evening.
- Sunday, October 22: Workshop begins in the morning.
- Monday, October 23:
- Tuesday, October 24:
- Wednesday, October 25: Workshop ends in the evening.
Some Guides For Getting Started With SAGE
Download SAGE source code.
Install SAGE from source code using the SAGE Installation Guide (this may take several hours).
While you wait for SAGE to build, take a moment to obtain a SAGEtrac account.
Install and configure Git using the SAGE Developer's Guide.
- Aly Deines (La Jolla, CA)
- Anna Haensch (Duquesne University)
- Bianca Thompson (Harvey Mudd College)
- Ursula Whitcher (AMS Mathematical Reviews)