Sage Days 31 Projects
Sage Days 31 Projects
- LDAP-based authentication for Sage NB users
- Integrating a coding view to replace the current textfield and tiny MCE views
- Fix little issues with notebook so it works well standalone
- HTML 5 backend
- Notebook Logging
- Database: SQLite
- Create a Robust Notebook "System"
- Jmol Update
- Quantumino Puzzle Solver
- notebook to and from other formats
- Notebook Administration Issues
- The mysterious moving/disappearing text bug
- Geogebra integration
- Folders, Tags, Hierarchies
- Sorting lists of worksheets
- Various proposals for notebook enhancements
- Configure cell "skip-ahead" behavior
- Widget Infrastructure
- Notebook Code Site Issues
- Create better documentation for files of notebook
- Comparison of number field elements
- Sage Days 31 Tickets Needing Review
LDAP-based authentication for Sage NB users
- Create an LDAPUserManager for the new flask-based Sage Notebook
See Notebook LDAP for more detailed notes
Integrating a coding view to replace the current textfield and tiny MCE views
- This was a student project in Math 480 last quarter.
- The project here is to try it out, and see if it is a good idea or if something based on it should be included in Sage. Not clear, due to the "weight" of codemirror.
In case you're curious: the other projects
Fix little issues with notebook so it works well standalone
HTML 5 backend
- People: Davide Cervone, Jason Grout
- From Nicolas Thiery: would Mathjax be able to support pgf/tikz pictures?
- Make it so the log files get rotated and compressed. Support or use some standard tool.
- Make it so log files contain something useful, and are configurable.
The following should *at a minimum* work with SQLite, since that is included with Sage and whatever we do needs to at least work standard with Sage with "zero configuration".
- Store all worksheets in a database
- Store user configuration data in a table
Create a Robust Notebook "System"
- A script that starts a separate notebook process
- It then starts monitoring the notebook to make sure it keeps running, and does a standard test (e.g., view published worksheet listing, login, create a worksheet, compute 2+2, delete worksheet, log out).
- If it doesn't respond after a preset amount of time with any test, does a configurable action, e.g.,:
- kills and restarts the server
- sends emails to the admins
- People: Mike, Burcin
port the internationalization patches (#9428) to the new notebook
- People: Jonathan Gutow
See how to put in flask notebook for setup instructions.
One place to try:
This can be tested on IanSR's LDAP-based Sage Notebook which is available here, but to use this you need to create an account on our system here. This is a single form, with email confirmation. You should use institutional email addresses, not gmail, hotmail, etc. as those accounts will be purged from time to time.
Quantumino Puzzle Solver
Solve the the puzzle with Sage so that less people lose time to solve it by hand and make them work on the Notebook.
notebook to and from other formats
- People: Rob Beezer, Bruce Cohen, Sébastien Labbé
rst2txt and rst2sws
- People: Sébastien Labbé
You can now upload a ReST file in the Sage Notebook to get a worksheet.
Also, from the same ReST file, you can create an HTML file by using the docutils command rst2html. During the week, I was able to make MathJax work on this HTML output.
See this page on my website for more info and test this on the file calculus.rst available.
By the way, if you are using vim like me, you might be interested by this trick thanks to Franco Saliola:
Notebook Administration Issues
- People: William Stein
- Write an improved script for monitoring the health of a notebook server.
- Move all the notebook servers to one single account on one computer. In particular, the sagenb0 virtual machine on boxen crashes completely every few days, which is a major pain in my (=William's) arse. Also, all servers should be running sage-4.7 and a flask-based server.
- Experiment with having a virtual machine just for running user code (and nothing else).
The mysterious moving/disappearing text bug
- People: Ryan Grout, Jason Grout, John Travis
- Find a reproducible one (Found)
See Google code for the bug report.
- Fix it (Possibly?)
- (The issue we found was with the TinyMCE autosave plugin. We fixed it by just preventing the plugin from loading)
- People: Bruce Cohen, Rob Beezer, Rado, Mike Gage, Keshav Kini
Confirm proof of concept at #7489
Bruce: We looked at #7489, but I was not satisfied with the output. Rado showed me how he used <iframe> for graph_editor.
- The webwork people (Mike and Jason) have taken the iframe() function and will use it in their work. I should open a new ticket to put iframe() into Sage. It is more general than #7489.
Folders, Tags, Hierarchies
- People: Rob Beezer
- Provide organization to list of worksheets
- Give worksheets identifiers that allow cross-worksheet links
Sorting lists of worksheets
- People: Rob Beezer
- Sort lists of worksheets based on creation time, modified time, tag, alphabetical
Various proposals for notebook enhancements
Configure cell "skip-ahead" behavior
- People: Rob Beezer
#9585 (Davide Cervone)
Notebook Code Site Issues
- People: William Stein (maintainer/owner)
Create better documentation for files of notebook
- Create wiki page for draft of where to find templates, cell commands, login protocols, etc.
- Idea is to have a one-stop shop telling to find any given thing in notebook
- Move to developer guide in basic ReST style
Comparison of number field elements
- People: Robert Bradshaw, Mike Hanson, Burcin Erocal
- A bunch of issues related to symbolics, mostly based on user requests.
Document the relation between pynac <-> Sage and how symbolic functions work. Can be divided into 3 parts:
Generic design explanation in sage.symbolic
pynac and using Python objects in numeric objects
- Symbolic functions
add more symbolic functions
Use the symbolics framework to implement special functions. This involves writing methods for symbolic evaluation (for example sin(pi) -> 0, differentiation, wrapper for numeric evaluation, etc.). See the trac wiki page. See #11143.
Long standing symbolics issues
- People: Burcin
segfaults caused by ordering issues in pynac #9880
Dynamic attributes for symbolic functions #9556
Sage Days 31 Tickets Needing Review
Temporarily disable '@' symbol in username because it breaks TinyMCE #11343
Merges in Flask - Use SAGE_TEMPLATE_PATH for custom templates #11106
Easy documentation fix for top-level solve: #10444
Prohibit conversion of 2x3 matrices to 3x2 etc., which is very dangerous due to right-action-convention: #10793