|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|Organisers: John Cremona, William Hart, ....||Organisers: John Cremona, William Hart, ....|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|=== Where ===||=== Where ===|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
=== When ===
=== When ===
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|== Program ==||== Program ==|
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
|* Help the Singular developers make better use of flint2.||* Help the Singular developers make better use of flint2.|
Organisers: John Cremona, William Hart, ....
A Sage Days around the theme of Number Theory and FLINT (Fast Library for Number Theory http://www.flintlib.org/)
Warwick University in the UK (http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/general/institute/)
17 - 23rd December 2011 (the formal program will finish on 21st, but participants can remain until 23rd to collaborate and code).
* Two invited talks per day (including intro to Sage talks)
* A single evening public lecture
* Coding sprints.
Aims of the workshop
* Put flint2 into Sage
* Switch some of the mwrank code to use flint2.
* Help the Singular developers make better use of flint2.
* Introduce Sage to UK Number Theorists.
* Introduce Sage to Warwick researchers, postgrads and undergrads.
* Foster collaborations between the large Computational Number Theory and other research groups at Warwick and the Sage project.
* Hold talks on recent algorithmic developments in Computational Number Theory.