K3D-jupyter 3D visualisation in jupyter notebook
K3D-jupyter is a jupyter widget for displaying 3D content inside a notebook. It uses notebook ipywidgets communication for sending data. It is possible to create a plot and interactively change data, add elements etc.
- prototype, developed in september-december 2015
- it aims to be small and efficient.
- uses three.js as 3d engine
two separated repos in K3D-tools:
- K3D-jupyter - interface with jupyter
- it plotting data, sampling must be done a priori
Trying in mybinder
Getting K3D-jupyter to work in SageMath
K3D-jupyter can be installed in SageMath, then it can be used from jupyter notebook (internal one or external).
git clone https://github.com/K3D-tools/K3D-Jupyter-shim.git cd K3D-Jupyter-shim make install-user