Distribution and packaging of SageMath
Here are some links and information about distributing Sage.
- Distribution and packaging of SageMath
- Source and pre-compiled binaries
- Live USB
- Anaconda / Conda / Conda Forge
- Linux distros
- Mac OS X / OS X / macOS
- Porting to exotic architectures
- Using SageMath through other software
Source and pre-compiled binaries
The release manager releases the source for each development release and each public release. Binaries for a number of operating systems are prepared by the release manager, and sometimes by more people.
source (public): http://www.sagemath.org/download-source.html
source (devel): http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html
- admin: vbraun, sebasguts, nthiery, embray
- people: vbraun
Sage Debian Live
- admin: tmonteil
hosted at: http://sagedebianlive.metelu.net/
mailing list: https://sagedebianlive.metelu.net/mailman/listinfo/devel
- admin: pipedream
- what: bootable "Linux + math software" environment for French "agrégation" exams
- admin: François Boisson
Anaconda / Conda / Conda Forge
wiki page: Conda
- maintainer: Antonio Rojas
wiki page: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Sage
build logs: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=sagemath including ptestlong results
- people: Tobias Hansen, Julien Puydt, Jerome Benoit, Ximin Luo
- maintainer: Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade (pcpa)
Known test failures: https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/wiki/Known-test-failures
- admin: fbissey, cschwan
some info: days77/packaging
RPM package (Fedora, Mandriva)
earlier PPA: https://launchpad.net/~aims/+archive/ubuntu/sagemath
- admin: pipedream
Mac OS X / OS X / macOS
SageMath can now be installed via Homebrew. This fetches the dmg for the app and installs the app. See this post on sage-devel.
SageMath installer for Windows
- based on the Cygwin port of Sage
Porting to Cygwin
mailing list (dormant): sage-windows
Porting to exotic architectures
trac-wiki: Porting SageMath to Exotic architectures
pending tickets: component: "porting: Solaris"
pending tickets: component: "porting: AIX or HP-UX"
Using SageMath through other software
Other software, such as Cantor and TeXmacs, have interfaces to SageMath.
Sage Days 77: https://wiki.sagemath.org/days77