converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|* Manuals/Guides -- All of the guides [http://www.sagemath.org/documentation.html: here]||* Manuals/Guides -- All of the guides [[http://www.sagemath.org/documentation.html:|here]]|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|[http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/8a1b32d7339a293f/959e52081a57e914#959e52081a57e914: sage-devel thread]||[[http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/8a1b32d7339a293f/959e52081a57e914#959e52081a57e914:|sage-devel thread]]|
Sage Doc Day 1
This is the first of the Sage Doc Days, an attempt to improve all the kinds of documentation is Sage. Here are some areas that need work:
- DOCTESTS -- This is the most obvious, as our doctest coverage is somewhere
- in the 33-35% range (depending on which cdef'd functions are counted, etc).
Manuals/Guides -- All of the guides here
- could probably use some work.
- Programming Guides -- There are several pieces of the code base (coercion model,
- p-adics, pexpect interfaces, the notebook, etc) that are hard to understand at a first glance (or even a tenth glance). It would be nice if people familiar with those sections could write a general guide for each of them.
- Several more suggestions were made in this thread:
Add your name here if you're going to be involved, and mention what part you're going to work on!
- Craig Citro (after 6-7PM PST): sage/modular/ ... I've already got doctest coverage in
- sage/modular/modform at 99% or so, but haven't yet submitted it.
- Michael Abshoff: Add global HISTORY.txt, add trac and Sage workflow chapter, spkg chaper in the developer's manual
- Martin Albrecht: doctests for finite fields