Sage Days 74: Differential geometry and topology
TBA (see the list of speakers below)
Here is a list of possible projects. Feel free to add your own to the list.
Lie algebras #14901 and implement their relationship with manifolds.
- CW/Cube complexes by generalizing the manifold classes.
- Computation of geodesics on pseudo-Riemannian manifolds.
Include the sage.geometry.riemannian_manifolds (i.e. parametrized surfaces) into the more general framework of SageManifolds.
- Improve persistent homology.
- Simplicial sets. (Co)simplicial objects in various categories.
Incorporation of Kenzo?
Improve/Implement knot theory in Sage (cf. #17030)
- Implement more (co)homology theories (e.g., De Rham cohomology).
- Implement methods for computing homotopy groups.
We recommend to book a room in some hotel in Paris, in Montparnasse area (14th arrondissement). In particular, we recommend the
Hôtel du Maine (**) (109 euros/night, including breakfast)
Other hotels are
Hôtel Denfert Montparnasse (**) (approx. 110 euros/night, including breakfast)
Hôtel Ariane Montparnasse (***) (approx. 130 euros/night, including breakfast)
Hôtel du Parc (***) (approx. 170 euros/night, including breakfast)
If you prefer to stay in Meudon, at a walking distance (25 min) from the Workshop Center (CIAS), see
Hôtel Ibis Budget Meudon (**) (approx. 80 euros/night, including breakfast)
For a larger choice, see this list of convenient hotels from LESIA/Observatoire de Paris.
NB: since May/June is a high touristic season in Paris, it is recommended to book a room as soon as possible!
Meudon is located at 10 min by train from Montparnasse station in Paris. All hotels listed above are located at a walking distance from Montparnasse station. A system of car shuttle will be organized from Meudon station to the Workshop Center (CIAS).
If you plan instead to come by your own, please follow these access instructions (click on the map to enlarge it; the CIAS is located in BAT. 9).
More details soon...
European participants receiving some OpenDreamKit funding for conferences/workshops are expected to use it to cover their expenses.
Horizon 2020 European Research Infrastructure project OpenDreamKit
ANR Project Analyse Asymptotique en Relativité Générale
Mark Bell (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign): Flipper and Sage
Volker Braun (Berlin): SageMath; toric geometry
Marc Culler (University of Illinois, Chicago): SnapPy
Vincent Delecroix (University of Bordeaux): Riemannian manifolds
Nathan Dunfield (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign): SnapPy
Patrick Hooper (City College of New York): FlatSurf and translation surfaces in Sage
Marcin Kostur (University of Silesia, Katowice): 3D visualization
Jeremy L. Martin (University of Kansas, Lawrence): CW complexes
John Palmieri (University of Washington, Seattle): simplicial sets
Thibaut Paumard (Observatoire de Paris): Gyoto code and geodesics
Nicolas Thiéry (University Paris Sud): Modelling mathematics in Sage (parents, elements, categories, ...)
- Michal Bejger (N. Copernicus Astronomical Center, Warsaw, Poland)
- Mark Bell (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA)
- Volker Braun (Berlin, Germany)
- Léo Brunswic (University of Avignon, France)
- Marc Culler (University of Illinois, Chicago, USA)
- Vincent Delecroix (University of Bordeaux, France)
- Nathan Dunfield (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA)
- Anastasia Golubtsova (Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics, Dubna, Russia)
- Eric Gourgoulhon (Observatoire de Paris, France)
- Claudia Grabs (University of Potsdam, Germany)
- Patrick Hooper (City College of New York, USA)
- Marcin Kostur (University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland)
- Ronja Kuhne (University of Warwick, UK)
- Samuel Lelièvre (University Paris Sud, France)
- Marco Mancini (Observatoire de Paris, France)
- Jeremy L. Martin (University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA)
- John Palmieri (University of Washington, Seattle, USA)
- Thibaut Paumard (Observatoire de Paris, France)
- Saul Schleimer (University of Warwick, UK)
- Travis Scrimshaw (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Nicolas Thiéry (University Paris Sud, France)
- Artur Trzesiok (Poland)
- Anne Vaugon (University Paris Sud, France)
- Eric Gourgoulhon (Observatoire de Paris)
- Marco Mancini (Observatoire de Paris)
Benoît Pilorget (OpenDreamKit)
- Travis Scrimshaw (University of Minnesota)