converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|* [http://www.sagemath.org/flier/flier.pdf Poster]||* [[http://www.sagemath.org/flier/flier.pdf|Poster]]|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* [:days4schedule: Schedule]||* [[days4schedule| Schedule]]|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|* [:days4/projects: Coding Sprint Projects]||* [[days4/projects| Coding Sprint Projects]]|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|* [:days4/Pictures: Pictures]||* [[days4/Pictures| Pictures]]|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
|* [:IftikharBurhanuddin:Iftikhar Burhanuddin] (UCLA postdoc)||* [[IftikharBurhanuddin|Iftikhar Burhanuddin]] (UCLA postdoc)|
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
|[http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/campusmappg.pdf campus map] (pdf)
or [http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/northcentral.html?PDL Padelford Hall map].
|[[http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/campusmappg.pdf|campus map]] (pdf)
or [[http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/northcentral.html?PDL|Padelford Hall map]].
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
| * [http://www.washington.edu/univrel/visitors/accommodations.html General hotel information]
* The [http://www.seattleuniversityhotel.com/index.html Seattle University Travelodge] has free wifi and is conveniently located. Their rates are also reasonable (e.g., 78 and 88).
* The [http://www.collegeinnseattle.com/ College Inn] is also a good choice, though sometimes gets booked up.
| * [[http://www.washington.edu/univrel/visitors/accommodations.html|General hotel information]]
* The [[http://www.seattleuniversityhotel.com/index.html|Seattle University Travelodge]] has free wifi and is conveniently located. Their rates are also reasonable (e.g., 78 and 88).
* The [[http://www.collegeinnseattle.com/|College Inn]] is also a good choice, though sometimes gets booked up.
SAGE Days 4
The 4th SAGE days 2007 was held the week of June 12-17, 2007 (Tuesday through Sunday) in room 238 of the Mechanical Engineering Building at the University of Washington in scenic Seattle. It was also online at irc.freenode.net in the sage-dev room.
The conference was fully funded by the NSF UW/VIGRE and PIMS, so there was no registration fee and some participants costs were reimbursed. Thanks NSF and PIMS!
The focus was on coding sprints. SAGE Days 4 was a developer-oriented workshop, with plenty of opportunities for participants to talk and work with others.
William Stein, [email protected]
David Joyner, [email protected]
Robert Bradshaw, [email protected]
Tom Boothby, [email protected]
The following people expressed interest, and most attended.
- Iyad Ajwa
- Martin Albrecht (remotely)
- Nick Alexander (UC Irvine grad student)
- Tom Boothby (UW undergrad)
Iftikhar Burhanuddin (UCLA postdoc)
- Craig Citro (UCLA grad student; first three days)
- Timothy Clemans (Seattle High School Student)
- Alex Clemesha (UCSD)
- Josh Kantor (UW math)
- Didier Deshommes (first 3 days)
- Larry Eclipse (UW math alumni)
- Kirsten Fagnan (UW, applied math)
- Mike Hansen (Harvey Mudd College, remotely)
- David Harvey (Harvard)
- David Joyner (US Naval Academy)
- Kiran Kedlaya (MIT; remotely)
- Emily Kirkman (UW undergrad)
- Robert Miller (UW grad student)
- Joel Mohler
- Bobby Moretti (UW undergrad)
- Matteo Paganini
- Yi Qiang (UW undergrad)
- Dorian Raymer (UCSD)
- David Roe (Harvard grad student)
- William Stein (UW faculty)
- Gonzalo Tornaria (Uruguay in South America, faculty)
Soroosh Yazdani (University of McMaster, Postdoc, remotely)
Getting from SEATAC to UW: http://depts.washington.edu/rna2006/transportation.shtml
Directions to Padelford Hall coming from the south via I-5 northbound: From I-5 northbound, take exit 168B (Bellevue/Kirkland) to State Route 520. Take the first exit off SR520; the sign will point to Montlake Boulevard NE. Turn left into Montlake Blvd. and continue north past Husky Stadium. Move over to the right and take the 3rd right after the Stadium. Park in lot E1. It will cost $ 5 (a machine takes ones and fives). Park your car and walk over the overpass and up the hill. Look for the math Dept using the campus map campus map (pdf) or Padelford Hall map.