Packaging and Distributing SAGE
[:days4/projects/: SAGE Days 4 Project]
W Stein: Go through all the standard SAGE packages and, when possible, add an spkg-check, which runs some sort of analogue of "make check" when possible.
- N Alexander: Greatly improve testing infrastructure.
- Introduce some form of package sanity checking to sage -upgrade, such as file size checks, CRC checks, or digital signatures [didier: done. Patch sent] .
- D Deshommes and W Stein: Fully port SAGE to Solaris [didier: almost done]
- improve SAGE's package management system. [didier: converting several packages so that they have repos]
Mike Hansen, Yi Qiang(?): Bootable (Cluster) CD for SAGE/DSAGE. Using BCCD ( http://bccd.cs.uni.edu/ ) as a base, create a bootable CD to allow one to easily turn in unused lab into DSAGE cluster.
didier deshommes: Improve support for SAGE on NexentaOS. Several packages need to be patched. [didier: almost done]
- sage -optional : It would be useful to list the size of each package together with this. Also when doing sage -i optional, to tell the user about the size of the package.