|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|The last one I would be great to have someone do, but I'm not very good at writing interfaces.||The last one would be great to have someone do, but I'm not very good at writing interfaces.|
[:days4/projects/: Other SAGE Days 4 Project]
Participants: Kirsten Fagnan, Josh Kantor, didier deshommes
Possible Projects depending on interests of participants. Unless more people join our group we will probably have to focus on one or two projects. I believe we or someone should definitely do the first one listed below. This would be mostly pure python coding. Projects 2,3,4 and 5 would require pyrex and maybe some C programming The last one would be great to have someone do, but I'm not very good at writing interfaces.
- Extend numerical sparse matrix capabilities. In particular add additional constructors for matrices with special forms.
such as tridiagonal matrices.
- Implement numerical complex sparse matrices based on Josh's real sparse matrices.
- Incorporate clapack into SAGE (Not much to do here, just to make an spkg and make sure it works)
- Possibly try to include ARPACK for computing eigenvalues of large spare matrices. (depends on clapack)
- Wrap the optimization/minimization/root finding routines in GSL. (These would be very similar to the code in sage/gsl/ode.pyx).
- Improve SAGE's support for octave and matlab.