Sage Days 106
Sage Days 106 will meet in Orsay, 02--06 Jan 2020.
Informal gathering around SageMath -- and any other math software people are interested in.
Start the year learning, working on projects, contributing.
- Aaron Fenyes (IHES, Bures sur Yvette, France)
- Alba Marina Málaga Sabogal (Brown University, Providence, USA)
- Charles Fougeron (IRIF, Paris, France)
- Samuel Lelièvre (LMO, Orsay, France)
Add yourself and/or email the organisers to attend. See "registration" below.
So far there is interest in the following (please add your themes):
Blender and SageMath
- document how to combine them using Conda
create export to bmesh (Blender's internal mesh format) from Sage's indexFaceSet
- improve parametric surface plugin for Blender
- make an implicit surface plugin for Blender using Sage
- document projects from the "Illustrating Mathematics" program at ICERM
- add examples to the Sage wiki
- work through illustrations-related questions on Ask Sage and Trac
- Flat surfaces
- Ribbon graphs
- Minkowski's question mark function and Conway's box function
- Test the code on Sage Trac ticket #28853
- Add documentation
- Push the code and documentation, and review
- Sage and Julia
- Compare or combine
- Update FAQ
- Test out and update installation documentation
- Sage on Windows
- Test and update instructions to build from source on Cygwin
- Test the native Windows installer
- Installing extra packages in Sage on Windows
- Sage on macOS
- What's up with the app
- Document using packages from Homebrew
- Document installing the app via Homebrew
- Sage and macOS 10.15 Catalina
- GCP research credits
- Renew Google Cloud Platform research credits
What is it: https://wiki.sagemath.org/patchbot
- Launch some patchbots to test new Sage features
- Improve patchbot documentation
- Prepare future Sage Days and trainings
- Prepare some known upcoming Sage trainings
- Plan some more
- Prepare a kit for cases with bad internet
- Restart "Sage and scientific Python user group of the Paris area"
Please check traffic conditions on the RER B line
- RATP information
- Day to day traffic information
Come walking or biking if you can, or share rides.
Participation is free, everyone is welcome.
It's fine to come for only part of these Sage Days.
The organisers will be happy to know you plan to join, send them an email if you can.
Please bring your picnic.
The schedule is initially minimal, it is built as we go.
Anyone can offer or request a talk or presentation.
- Thu 02 Jan 2020 to Mon 06 Jan 2020
- 10:00: Welcome, tutorial, help, work on projects
- 12:30: Discuss afternoon plans over lunch
- 13:30: Welcome, tutorial, help, work on projects
- 16:30: Status report and demos