|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
MENTORS: William Stein ([email protected]) and Tom Boothby ([email protected]).
|Line 11:||Line 13:|
|main ''killer features'' of Sage. This project is about improving the notebook. No special mathematical knowledge is required.||main ''killer features'' of Sage. This project is about improving the notebook. No special mathematical knowledge is required. If you're really interested in this project,
write to William Stein ([email protected]) and Tom Boothby ([email protected]).
Google Summer of Code 2008 Sage Project Idea: The Sage Notebook
[http://sagemath.org Sage] is a unified open source mathematics software environment that provides a viable free open source alternative to Magma, Maple, Mathematica, and Matlab. Try the notebook [https://sagenb.org online right now]; also, come chat with us at #sage-devel on irc.freenode.net.
Develop the new [http://wiki.sagemath.org/interact interact functionality]
Rewrite the storage backend (for users and data) to use a [http://www.sqlalchemy.org/ SQLalchemy]-based backend.
- Implement user profiles and per-user customization.
- Make the notebook user-skinable.
General improvements and bug fixes; here are some relevant [http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac trac tickets]:
#386 Enhance "attach <file>" in the notebook
- #406 notebook -- improve support for other system modes
- #408 Notebook glitch in Safari
- #413 saving non-evaluated cells
- #1466 improve the "click to the left" aspect of the notebook
- #1467 make it possible to upload/download worksheets as plain text
- #1468 notebook -- create a global option so that word wrap is on or off by default always
- #1496 notebook -- make it easy to link different worksheets
- #245 a bunch of random notebook improvement ideas
- #246 height of a notebook cell
- #251 Notebook worksheet multithreading
- #260 transparent graphics output
- #301 Create some functions for notebook history
- #302 Report server errors to online notebook users
- #322 Have global code page for Notebook
- #336 Create an option to clear all cell output
- #338 In doc browser make hyper links to referenced code in SAGE library
- #353 public sage notebook robustness