Sage Days 26: Women in Sage
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Dates: December 7, 2010 to December 10, 2010
- Organizers: Alyson Deines (UW), Jennifer Balakrishnan (MIT), Gagan Sekhon (UConn), William Stein (UW)
- Funding: Microsoft Research (donation from Kristin Lauter's cryptography group) and The Beatrice Yormark Fund for Women in Mathematics
The list of projects.
The schedule is here.
Photos and Video
Sara Billey's Lecture http://vimeo.com/17680795.
Flavia Stan's Lecture (not streaming -- just download the whole thing and watch)
Kate Stange's Lecture at Microsoft http://research.microsoft.com/apps/video/default.aspx?id=142675&l=i
William Stein's Lecture at Microsoft http://research.microsoft.com/apps/video/default.aspx?id=142905
UW Wireless info
Sara Billey - Computer proof for k-Schur functions
Anne Schilling - How to play with crystals and symmetric functions in Sage
Katherine Stange - Amicable pairs and aliquot cycles for elliptic curves
- Jennifer Balakrishnan
- Anja Becker
- Erin Beyerstedt
- Ilke Canakci
- Sarah Chisholm
- Alyson Deines
- Julie Eaton
- Marina Gresham
- Kim Hopkins
- Jennifer Johnson-Leung
- Karen Kohl
- Jennifer Park
- Gagan Sekhon
- Flavia Stan
- Lola Thompson
- Bianca Viray
Getting to the Collegiana/Hotel Deca from Seattle-Tacoma
Here are some options to get to the hotels from the airport:
A-ABC Transportation offers a flat rate ($30-35 typically, before tip) for door-to-door car service. They are a private car service (though they don't have the nicest fleet of cars) and are less expensive than a cab. Call for a reservation.
- Taxis from the airport cost about $40 (before tip) and can be found by following the signs in the airport.
Shuttle Express picks up passengers at the inner curb on the third floor of the Airport Garage. Call to make a reservation.
- There is a new light-rail service from the airport to downtown Seattle, but you will then need to take a taxi to the house/hotel (about 5 miles north of downtown). This is not a good option unless you want to spend time in downtown Seattle.