Hacking Python to build on VS2k8
Only what we want and to behave how we want
- First we don't want to include any BSD stuff or tcl/tk stuff so we turn that off that build.
- Open PCBuild\pcbuild.sln with visual studio.
- Right click on "Solution 'pcbuild'..." at the top of the solution explorer window, select 'properties' at the bottom of the pull down menu.
- select 'configuration properties'
- Make sure the following projects build checkbox are UNCHECKED:
- Make sure all other projects build checkbox are CHECKED.
- Sanity Check on Python 2.6 you should have 21 projects built and 5 skipped.
- Also, we don't want to call the registry because our python is "rogue" in the sense that we want it to exist by itself under the sage directory.
- Comment out the calls to getpythonregpath(...) in the function calculate_path(...) in file PC\getpathp.c.