The following is in the patches subdirectory. It is copied in during the build process.
setupext.py by a version that adds some SAGE-specific paths so the build doesn't fail (since SAGE includes certain libs that matplotlib depends on).
matplotlib-0.98.3.p4 (Michael Abshoff, December 12th, 2008)
- apply Craig Citro's OSX build fix (#4680)
matplotlib-0.98.3.p3 (William Stein, 25 Nov 2008)
- fix so matplotlib may build in a fallback case (there is a stupid bug in upstreams setupext.py)
matplotlib-0.98.3.p2 (Jason Grout, 20 Sep 2008)
- Update quiver.py to the SVN version 6115 to make the vector field plots respect aspect ratio.
matplotlib-0.98.3.p1 (Jason Grout, 03 Sep 2008)
- Add an arrow_line.py file as a patch for "nice" arrows in matplotlib
matplotlib-0.98.3.p0 (Michael Abshoff, August 27th, 2008)
- Merge Ondrej Certik's fix from #3792
matplotlib-0.98.3 (Jason Grout, 20 Aug 2008)
- updated to 0.98.3. Deleted gcc 4.3 fix since it is merged in.
matplotlib-0.91.1.p5 (Michael Abshoff, May 18th, 2008)
- add 64 bit OSX build support
matplotlib-0.91.1.p4 (Michael Abshoff, April 14th, 2008)
- apply gcc 4.3 build fix - should go upstream
matplotlib-0.91.1.p3 (Michael Abshoff, Jan. 31st, 2008)
- fix local issues in cbook.py (#1967) [William Stein]
- remove bianry crap (#2014)
matplotlib-0.91.1.p2 (Michael Abshoff, Jan. 17th, 2008)
- bump version due to ucs4 update