From the website above: The GNU Scientific Library (GSL) is a numerical library for C and C++ programmers. It is free software under the GNU General Public License.
The library provides a wide range of mathematical routines such as random number generators, special functions and least-squares fitting. There are over 1000 functions in total with an extensive test suite.
- GPL V3 or later (1.10 release)
- GPL V2 or later (1.9 release)
- Michael Abshoff
- William Stein
GSL mailing lists:
Bug-gsl <[email protected]> mailing list -- bug reports for the GNU Scientific Library should be sent here
Help-gsl <[email protected]> users mailing list -- for questions about installation, how GSL works and how it is used, or general questions concerning GSL.
Info-gsl <[email protected]> mailing list -- announcements of new releases are made here.
- ATLAS, but it seems to be only required when actually linking the gsl extensions
gsl-1.10.p1 (Michael Abshoff, April 20th, 2008)
- always use GSL's isinf (fixes #2973)
gsl-1.10-p0 (Michael Abshoff, Jan. 26, 2008)
- fix 64 OSX build
- fix spkg-check target
- work around isinf bug on OSX
gsl-1.10 (Michael Abshoff, Jan. 25, 2008)
- update to gsl 1.10
- add .hgignore
- write proper SPKG.txt
- initial release
- On OSX we use a slighly modified isinf method since the system one is buggy. See the patches directory for a patch