See https://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/8cadd969aca13e64 for a discussion thread about the release.
In order of priority:
- Pynac -- mhansen+burcin will have a patch soon
- Solaris 10 -- about 7 remaining bugs for 32 bit Sparc and x86, some rather difficult. [to satisfy this goal, user will have to build custom toolchain, and we're only really going for this working on two specific machines on skynet]
- Doctest 75% -- plan given below
- OS X 64-bit -- doesn't start up due to libSingular issue, but after that, probably 5 tests [to satisfy this goal, it is only necessary that it is easy to build *binaries*, and it only has to support Intel. It's not necessary that any random user can just type "make" and have everything trivially work].
- Remove deprecated quaddouble.spkg
Good idea to fix:
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/3984, and update to upstream version.
- Update sage-vmware-4.0.zip so that it includes Ubuntu-8.04.LTS
Wed May 6: * mhansen (by 2am) -- patches/todo list so anybody can help. * robertwb will have reviewed david roe's * mabshoff provides bill with symmetrica bug testcase * mabshoff fix libtool issue for pynac Thu May 7: sage-4.0.alpha0.tar -- ecl; mop up positive review; freebsd burcin updated pynac (this will better test ecl) * wstein, robertwb, nick, mhansen -- help with pynac/symbolics doctest Fri May 8: sage-4.0.alpha1.tar -- mhansen's symbolics get in david roe's patch Sat May 9: Sage-4.0 day -- IRC /merge/referee: goal: coverage to 75.0%. E.g., * wstein or cwitty -- referee implicit plot 3d Sun May 10: sage-4.0.rc0.tar (feature freeze) * fix singular prompt issue (solaris fix) * fix other singular remaining issues. Mon May 11: fix fallout; malb fix os x libsingular (?) Tue May 12: sage-4.0.rc1.tar Wed May 13: Thu May 14: sage-4.0.final.tar Fri May 15: Release sage-4.0.tar.
I spend some time tonight on the gcc 4.4.0 porting problem and there is only little work left to be done: I had resolved all issues in Sage 3.1.2, but neglected to merge all the fixed into subsequent releases. Issues from 3.1.2 (3.4.2): * gmp (gone in MPIR) * ntl (Fixed in ntl-5.4.2.p7.spkg, need to add spkg-check before posting spkg) * fplll (update to 3.0.11 - or maybe a future 3.0.12 due to bug that already existed in 2.x.) * polybori - fixes: * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/aux_/full_lambda.hpp +230 * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/apply.hpp +138 * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/bind.hpp +364 * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/bind.hpp +531 * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/apply_wrap.hpp +81 * src/boost_1_34_1.cropped/boost/mpl/apply_wrap.hpp +173 * clisp - *boom* - might be build problem - will use ecl in 4.0.alpha0 anyway The main issue I ran into was a bug in libfplll that would crash the doctest with some probability. The bug is also in the previous fplll release and I have send a proposed fix upstream, so I am confident we will have gcc 4.4 support in Sage 4.0. At least two people have either complained in IRC, so the demand seems to clearly exist. :) Cheers, Michael
Doctest to 75%
- cdef -- we don't count now, but we should count cpdef
- Jon Hanke -- 100 doctests
- Mike Hansen -- 200 doctests
- David Roe -- around 500 (!!) doctests (or more: current coverage of padics to be submitted: 91.7%)
--> needs review
- modsym/ambient.py: 71 doctests
fix coverage script to not test nested functions: 50 doctests (this is http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/877)
- - sage_doc.py coverage gets confused.
- algebra_*: 80 doctests
- matrix: 200
- tachyon.py: 53 (in plot, not interfaces)
- remove 4ti2, cocoa, reduce, template: 70
- doctest mathematica, matlab, kash: 80
- delete catalogue
- sage -coverage *
No functions in init.py
- No functions in all.py
- No functions in symmetrica.pyx