Sage 64 bit OSX 64 bit build notes for Sage 3.0.2
Note: This page is outdated. Please check the Main OSX 64 bit porting page for the current status.
gfortran: need 64 bit run time and compiler - special build on bsd in gfortran-4.2.2/dist
copy ~/gfortran-4.2.2/dist into $SAGE_LOCAL
- Add "-m64" to sage_fortran options, link x86_64 libgfortran.dylib
rm $SAGE_LOCAL/lib/libssp*, $SAGE_LOCAL/lib/libssp*, $SAGE_LOCAL/lib/libgfortran.2*
Sage 3.0.2.alpha1 has upgrade to gmp 4.2.2, so use ABI=64 to make it compiled for the 64 bit mode.
_ctypes.so for 64 bit OSX
Building the _ctypes.so extension fails.
- replace libffi with latest [3.0.5 on OSX 10.5] to build _ctypes.so - this causes trouble due to missing fficonfig.py
- pass "-m64" to the CFLAGS when building the _ctypes.so extension since as is the CFLAGS are reset
- fficonfig.py is missing - use the fixed one
- ffi_common.h isn't in the right place - fix include paths?
oddity: The dynamic libs are not named properly, i.e. they are straight up bundles [mabye my fault?]
-rw-r--r-- 1 mabshoff mabshoff 6686916 May 13 08:28 libpolybori.a -rw-r--r-- 1 mabshoff mabshoff 17076908 May 13 08:28 libgroebner.a -rw-r--r-- 1 mabshoff mabshoff 4395496 May 13 08:29 libpboriCudd.a -rwxr-xr-x 1 mabshoff mabshoff 1542016 May 13 08:29 polybori -rwxr-xr-x 1 mabshoff mabshoff 857200 May 13 08:30 pboriCudd -rwxr-xr-x 1 mabshoff mabshoff 5048336 May 13 08:30 groebner
sage -b: devel/sage/c_lib/SConstruct
## We want the debug and optimization flags, since debug symbols are so useful, etc. env.Append( CFLAGS="-O2 -g -m64" ) env.Append( CXXFLAGS="-O2 -g -m64" )