Sage Days 87: p-adics in Sage and the LMFDB (July 17-22, 2017)
- Jennifer Balakrishnan (Boston University)
- Xavier Caruso (Université de Rennes 1)
- Edgar Costa (Dartmouth College)
- Taylor Dupuy (University of Vermont)
- David Roe (University of Pittsburgh)
- William Stein (University of Washington)
- Christelle Vincent (University of Vermont)
Location: University of Vermont, in Burlington, VT.
Activities will begin the morning of Monday, July 17 and end around in the early afternoon on Saturday, July 22. The workshop will be primarily project-focused, though there will be a few talks aimed at graduate students.
Feel free to add suggestions to our list of projects
If you have applied for funding, you should have heard from us. If you would like to attend and don't need any funding, please fill out this form: this form.
- Samuele Anni (Universität Heidelberg)
- Asra Ali (Google)
- Vishal Arul (MIT)
- David Ayotte (Laval University)
- Angelica Babei (Dartmouth College)
- Alexander Best (Boston University)
- Jonathan Bober (University of Bristol)
- Adele Bourgeois (University of Ottawa)
- Benjamin Breen (Dartmouth College)
- Sara Chari (Dartmouth College)
- Kwangho Choiy (Southern Illinois University)
- Rachel Davis (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Alyson Deines (Center for Communications Research)
- Melissa Emory (University of Missouri)
- Xander Faber (Center for Computing Sciences)
- Jean-Pierre Flori (Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information)
- Paul Gunnells* (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- Rob Harron (University of Hawaii)
- Wade Hindes (The Graduate Center at CUNY)
- Benjamin Hutz (Saint Louis University)
- Deven Lahoti (MIT)
- Samuel Lelièvre (Université Paris-Sud)
- Spencer Leslie (Boston College)
- Freda Li (Wesleyan University)
- David Lowry-Duda (Brown University)
- Kevin Lui (University of Washington)
- Jetjaroen Klangwang (Oregon State University)
- Ricky Magner (Boston University)
- Michael Musty (Dartmouth College)
- John Jones (Arizona State University)
- Aurel Page (University of Warwick)
GaYee Park (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- Sebastian Pauli (University of North Carolina, Greensboro)
- David Roberts (University of Minnesota, Morris)
- Julian Rueth (Free Software Foundation Europe)
- Adriana Salerno (Bates College)
- Sam Schiavone (Dartmouth College)
- Ander Steele (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Claire Tomesch (National Security Agency)
- Nicholas Triantafillou (MIT)
- Tristan Vaccon (Université de Limoges)
- John Voight* (Dartmouth College)
- Mckenzie West (Reed College)
- Gerardo Zelaya (University of Washington)
* This participant has indicated that they might be coming.
We anticipate that most participants will stay in these dorms, which have air conditioned rooms, private bathrooms and common spaces for work and socializing in the evenings. They have gotten good reviews from previous conferences, but if you prefer to stay in a hotel and we're funding your lodging, please contact the organizers (we can allocate your lodging amount toward a hotel with enough advance notice). Similarly, if we're not funding your lodging but you want to stay in the dorms, this may be possible: please contact an organizer as soon as possible.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident, please book flights on a US carrier. If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, this restriction does not apply to you (since we're funding you from a different grant). Note that the Mathematical Congress of the Americas is the week after Sage Days 87; if you're interested in attending you may want to plan your travel accordingly.
There are two main ways to get to Burlington.
- Fly into BTV.
Fly to Montreal (YUL), Manchester (MHT) or Boston (BOS) and take Greyhound to Burlington.
- Buses depart from Montreal Berri station at 8:15, 10:45, 16:15 and 23:30 and take about 2:45 to get to Burlington (though this can vary due to US customs). The city bus (747) from the airport takes 45 minutes to go directly to the Greyhound station and runs every 30 minutes. Note that the city bus requires a day pass, which costs $10 and can be purchased inside the terminal.
- Buses depart from Manchester Airport direct to Burlington -- 0:55-4:00, 11:35-15:20 and 15:05-19:55.
- Buses depart Boston South Station, running 7:00-11:55, 10:30-15:20, 14:00-19:55, 23:20-4:00. The city bus (Silver line) from the airport takes 15 minutes to go directly to the Greyhound station and runs every 12 minutes. The silver line from the airport is free.
There may also be carpools traveling from these Boston, Montreal and Hanover, NH. If you're interested in a carpool feel free to edit this wiki page.
Local Dining Options
We will add more details as the workshop approaches, but for now check out the map Christelle made!