Sage Days 11 Projects
- Native Implementation of Dokchitser's Algorithm
- Cython Wrapping of Rubinstein's L-calc
- Screencasts, Documentation, and Video Interviews
- Trac Tickets 3580 and 4249
- Work on IPython topics that affect Sage directly
- test ATLAS 3.9.4 with NumPy, SciPy and Sage
- Enumeration of relative quadratic extensions
- High Level Memory Profiling and Modular Forms Memory Caching Issues
- Optimize Modular Symbols
- Quadratic forms
- Optimize sage -br
- Elliptic Curves and Drinfeld Modular Forms over Function Fields
Sage Days 11 Projects
These are projects for Sage Days 11.
Native Implementation of Dokchitser's Algorithm
People: Craig Citro, William Stein, Sourav Sen Gupta, Michael Rubinstein, Rishi Kesh, Gonzalo Tornaria
Lots of progress. Lots and lots to do. Mostly Sourav.
Cython Wrapping of Rubinstein's L-calc
People: William Stein, Sourav Sen Gupta, Michael Rubinstein, Craig Citro, Rishi
- Michael Abshoff -- update to latest version of lcalc, i.e. the 1.2 release
Screencasts, Documentation, and Video Interviews
People: Timothy Clemans
Other projects instead...
Trac Tickets 3580 and 4249
People: John Voight, Craig Citro, someone with a system similar to Cremona's
Totally DONE! Real root finding subtleties -- proof = False?
Work on IPython topics that affect Sage directly
People: Fernando Perez, William Stein to provide list of topics and feedback.
(tricky -- startup time issues!!) %timeit isn't preparsed. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/296116
- mabshoff -- upgrade to latest release (get 0.9.1 -- has "ipython1"; missing snippet of code to make this "usable" for idiots).
- $HOME/sage.init -- wthread issue; problem is -wthread has to be first option. Solution: sage should kludge around.
way nicer writing out of history as an option (seg faulting, crashing, invidual history overlap): personally, Stein, would be happy basically having the option to have a *merged* history; basically I view the history as a "set"-ish thing, so I don't care about the history being complete and linear for each session. Watch out about history switching for debugging -- have a temp file with history for just this session. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/296113 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/296114
- (progress, startup time issues) annoying valgrind crap?
(done) exception on startup of sage look lame. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/295798
- (progress) testing framework/robustness improvements
test ATLAS 3.9.4 with NumPy, SciPy and Sage
People: Michael Abshoff, Fernando Perez
didn't do anything yet.
Enumeration of relative quadratic extensions
People: John Voight, Jon Hanke
High Level Memory Profiling and Modular Forms Memory Caching Issues
People: Michael Abshoff - understanding of guppy and muppy ought to be helpful; William Stein
wrote a talk.
have a demo.
Optimize Modular Symbols
People: Craig Citro, William Stein
- tell us what sucks
- Jon Hanke came up with some nice examples of issues, and is doing a lot more. Coming along.
People: Jon Hanke, Craig Citro, Gonzalo Tornaria, Michael Abshoff
Lay some groundwork. What is out there? E.g., Hanke's code, etc.
- substantial progress; cleanup going on; splitting good and bad; start reviewing good.
- general quadratic modules/lattices class
- goal: in Sage before Sage Days UGA.
Optimize sage -br
People: Gonzalo Tornaria, Craig Citro, David Harvey, (Robert Bradshaw)
For the Cython side of things, see http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/4480
- add two tickets
- substantial progress: order(s) of magnitude speedup
- excellent progress
Elliptic Curves and Drinfeld Modular Forms over Function Fields
People: Chris Hall and Sal Butt
char >= 5, GF(q)[t]
- goal: L-series
- in progress