Wiki for organizing things at the Arithmetic Statistics program at MSRI.
PLEASE HELP TO WRITE OUR ARTICLE FOR THE EMISSARY DESCRIBING OUR PROGRAM: Emissary Article
The schedule for the 5-minute talks on January 26 is here.
- "default" meeting time: Mondays 10 - 10:50
- "default" meeting time: Thursdays 10:30 - 11:30 or 11 - 12
- "default" meeting time: Monday 2-2:50
Weekly Meeting Groups
- "default" meeting time: Tuesdays 11-12 or 1-2 (see schedule)
- "default" meeting time: Wednesday 11:00-12:00
- "default" meeting time: Wednesdays 1.30 - 2.30
- "default" meeting time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30
- Not meeting until April 5.
- "default" meeting time: Fridays 1:30
- No longer meeting, merged with Bhargava-Shankar
UC Berkeley Math Department
- Mondays 4:10-5pm - 60 Evans - MSRI/Evans Lectures
- Mar. 14 - Barry Mazur
- Apr. 18 - Melanie Wood
- Wednesdays 3:40-5pm - 740 Evans - Number Theory Seminar
- Jan. 26 - Xinyi Yuan (Columbia University) - the Gross--Zagier formula and its generalizations
- Feb. 9 - Robert Miller (MSRI) - Proving the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer conjecture
- Feb. 23 - Sonal Jain (MSRI) - On the minimum canonical height for an elliptic curve over C(t)
- March. 9 - George Schaeffer, UC Berkeley - The Hecke stability method and isogeny graphs
- Thursdays 4:10pm - 60 Evans - Colloquium
Jan. 27 - Vladimir Rokhlin (Yale University) - DiPerna Memorial Lecture: "A Randomized Approximate Nearest Neighbors Algorithm"
- Alexandre Chorin will be organizing a dinner for the speaker after the lecture.
Feb. 3 - Bjorn Poonen - x^2 + y^3 = z^7
- Ken Ribet will be organizing a dinner after the talk.
- Mar. 3 - Keith Conrad - Why do we care about the Riemann Hypothesis?
- Mar. 17 - Vaughan Jones - Random matrices, von Neumann algebras and (2+1)-dimensional topological quantum field theories
- Faculty Club wine dinner, Feb. 25
General question group
- (e.g., average ap ’s, Sato-Tate (the statement), etc.) Not yet scheduled.
Calendar of program events
Week 3: 24-28 January
Baker boardroom if available
reading group on the Cohen-Lenstra heuristics
Melanie Wood, Bhargava-Shankar informal study group
Iwaniec-Luo-Sarnak study group / lunch
Week 4: 31 January - 4 February
Week 5: 7-11 February
Andrew Yang - “Low-lying zeros of Dedekind zeta functions”
60 Evans Hall-UC Berkeley
Dr. Henryk Iwaniec - “Counting Integers”
Informal reading group on the Cohen-Lenstra heuristics
Low lying zeros reading group
Carl Pomerance - "Order and Chaos"
Informal reading group on Quadratic Twists
frg working group
Week 6: 14-18 February
Mon 14 -- Wed. 16
Gonzalo Tornaria - "The Brandt module of ternary quadratic forms"
Dan Kane - "A problem related to the ABC conjecture"
60 Evans hall, UCB
Jon Hanke - The Arithmetic of Quadratic Forms
Bhargava-Shankar "Q & A" with Manjul Bhargava
Baker room (if avail.)
Ranks of Twists with Daniel Kane II
David Farmer- What you need to know about RMT
Week 7: 22-25 February
Andrew Knightly - Petersson's formula and related topics (low lying zeros group)
Week 8: 28 February-4 March
Duc Khiem Huynh - Lower order terms for the one-level density of elliptic curve L-functions: (low lying zeros group)
Kumar Murty - Title: The field of Fourier coefficients of a modular form. (members' seminar)
Henri Cohen - Fun talk on high precision computation of number theoretical constants cohen_high_precision.pdf
Haluk Sengun - Cohomology of Bianchi Groups and Arithmetic
Hendrik Lenstra's "Modelling ﬁnite ﬁelds"
Wed Apr 6
Wenzhi Luo- Central values of the symmetric square L-functions
Rob Rhoades -- "Arithmetic of Harmonic Maass Forms"
Th Apr 28
Dan Goldston -- "Jumping Champions"